06 July 2010

Blogaphobia

The other day my mother was playing Family Feud on FaceBook, she needed help with a question, Name a word that has Phobia at the end of it. Arachnophobia(fear of spiders) and Agoraphobia(fear of crowds) were the only two that we could get. Being the geek that I am I immediately Googled Phobias ... but I was too late to help her with her game, she had already had 3 strikes. But I got to looking at some of these phobias and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

There has to be a fear for just about every situation and every object out there so on and so forth. But there isn't a phobia for fear of blogging, I checked .

I know that there is a reason for these Phobias, some people out there must have them for them to be named but some of them are pretty funny. You are like, how can any one have an intense fear of THAT! But someone out there does, so this is not me making fun of those people, just me noting some of the ones that I find more interesting.

Alektorophobia- Fear of chickens.
Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.
Autodysomophobia- Fear of one that has a vile odor.
Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women.
Chromophobia or Chromatophobia- Fear of colors.
Coprastasophobia- Fear of constipation.
Genuphobia- Fear of knees.
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia- Fear of the number 666.
Ithyphallophobia- Fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis.
Leukophobia- Fear of the color white
Nebulaphobia- Fear of fog. (Homichlophobia)
Politicophobia- Fear or abnormal dislike of politicians.
Proctophobia- Fear of rectums.
Xyrophobia-Fear of razors.


This is my most favorite one of all;

Panophobia or Pantophobia- Fear of everything.


Here is a little more information about Phobias -- Phobia - Wikipedia

you can find the full list of these phobias, also where i took them from @ The Phobia List


No comments:

Post a Comment