16 July 2010

Apple Bacon Burger



I am currently trying to become master of the grill, well at least in my own world. With this title in mind I was flipping through a magazine looking for a new recipe, and viola! I found the recipe of I've been waiting for.

Apple Bacon Burger

  • 1/2 lb hamburger
  • 1/2 lb sweet sausage
  • 3 green apples
  • Bacon
  • Mayo
  • Dijon mustard
  • Cheddar Cheese (or one of your liking)
  • Hamburger Buns
Mix together hamburger and sausage - core and dice one apple and mix in with the the meat mixture (use your hands to mix it in, its more fun!) make into patties and cook on a medium/high grill until cooked through and don't forget the cheese - while the burgers are cooking cook your bacon, I used pre-cooked bacon and just put it on the grill for a few minutes - slice up the rest of the apple (almost like you would tomato slices) to finish off your burger mix mayo and mustard together for a tangy dressing - build your burger to your liking and here you have it! Apple Bacon Burger! Yum!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so interesting and different from your ordinary burger. I'm loving all the textures involved too. Thanks for inviting me over!

    ReplyDelete